Category: Official English
"I believe English should be the official language of the federal government.
Source: On the Record with Greta Van Sustern, September 30, 2011.
2. Multilingual Ballots:
3. DREAM Act Amnesty: (Development, Relief, and Education of Alien Minors*)
*ProEnglish assesses the candidates’ positions on the federally introduced DREAM Act because the legislation would grant legal status to millions of non-English-speaking persons without requiring English proficiency first. ProEnglish also opposes the DREAM Act because it would increase the demand for taxpayer-funded multilingual government services.
- Voted NO on final passage of the DREAM Act amnesty (H.R. 5281), Roll Call 625, Dec. 8, 2010
4. Puerto Rican Statehood: (Requiring Puerto Rico to make English its sole official language before being admitted as the 51st state and opposing Congress passing legislation that rigs the self-determination process in Puerto Rico).
- Voted against an imposter “official English” amendment to the Puerto Rico Democracy Act of 2009 (H.R. 2499), Roll Call 237, April 29, 2010.
- Voted against final passage of H.R. 2499, Roll Call 242, April 29, 2010.
- Voted FOR an amendment to stop the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) from filing lawsuits against employers requiring employees to speak English on the job, Roll Call 734, July 26, 2007.
- Cosponsored Rep. Virginia Foxx’s bill, the Multilingual Services Accounting Act (H.R. 1414) during the 111th Congress.