Intern with ProEnglish!
The ideal candidate will be a current undergraduate or graduate student who understands the importance of preserving and protecting our common language by:
- Making English the official language of the U.S.
- Protecting the right of employers to have English-on-the-job policies.
- Emphasizing the need for immigrants to assimilate into the American culture.
Interns will assist the Executive Director and the Director of Government Relations by:
- Tracking federal and state legislation
- Conducting issue-related, donor, and foundations research
- Assisting with lobbying efforts in Congress and in various state legislatures
- Attending hearings and coalition meetings
- Completing general office tasks
Interns will receive a weekly stipend based on hours worked.
Job location is Metro-accessible, within 2 blocks of the Rosslyn Metro.
Current undergraduate with excellent writing and research skills. Political Science majors preferred. Preferably has some experience with/knowledge of the legislative process at the federal level.
ProEnglish, a 501c(3) organization and the nation’s leading advocate of official English, works through the courts and in the court of public opinion to defend English’s historic role as America’s common, unifying language, and to persuade lawmakers to adopt English as the official language at all levels of government.
ProEnglish is located in Arlington, VA p (703) 816-8821 f (571) 527-2813
Follow us on Twitter
English in the News
Puerto Rico's Governor Speaks the Truth About Statehood VoteGov. Alejandro Garcia-PadillaRead More...
May 20, 2013
Last November my administration was tasked with tackling the many challenges facing Puerto Rico, including, rampant crime,...
Brand New Poll Shows 84% Want Official English for the USARasmussen ReportsRead More...
May 14, 2013
Most Americans still strongly support making English the nation’s official language and don't think they're prejudiced for feeling that way. A new...
Latest Action Alerts
May 21, 2013
May 16, 2013
May 15, 2013
Current immigration package lacks official English provision or any English requirement!